No products in the cart
Welcome to Chase your Dreams
A podcast for Fashion Entrepreneurs who are ready to pursue their passion and make a living doing what they love.
How to Source Fabrics Sustainably with Ruth Kelly
My guest today is materials expert Ruth Kelly who’s here to talk about how to source fabrics sustainably.
Listen to this insightful episode to learn about:
– How does one assess the sustainability of a fabric?
– How can businesses strike a balance between sourcing sustainable fabrics and managing their budget effectively?
– What are some effective ways for individuals or small businesses to find and purchase sustainable fabrics?
– Exciting technological advancements or innovations in the field of sustainable fabric production
– Why no fabric is sustainable if we aren’t respecting our resources
Ruth is an accomplished materials expert, entrepreneur, and innovator with more than 30 years of global success spanning brands, manufacturing, global supply chain, media, and higher education. Through her consulting and advisory work she supports businesses (ranging from start-ups to global brands) achieve their material goals, whilst pursuing her love of learning, research and connecting others.
She has experience with multiple products / fabric types, and living and traveling across the world has provided Ruth with an international network of connections. With practical in-depth knowledge of the fabric development, sourcing, validation, and production processes from fiber to garment, she makes ideas come alive.
Ruth has a Bachelor of Sciences Degree in Textile Technology from the University of Manchester, Institute of Science and Technology, UK, and holds her designation as an Associate of the Textile Institute (ATI).
Links mentioned in this episode:
Ruth Kelly Contact info:
Emails : email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org